Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Personal Update

Considering all that I want, I'm going to have to make some huge changes in my life. I'm in no way perfect, but I've come a long way and I'm not turning back now.

My new goals for the next while include:

1 month (April 18th):

- Change business name
- Exercise, meditate and read daily
- Buy a car so I can get to my workshops
- Have a debt repayment plan in place
- Begin complete identity change
- Become aware of, confront, overcome and integrate inner Shadows (a Carl Jung theory)
- Do at least 3 workshops
- Line up at least 8 more for the next 2 months

3 months (June 18th):

- Developed and refined an amazingly effective 4-day workshop based on Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_hero%27s_journey)
- Travel North America doing 4-day workshop

6 months (Sept 18th)

- Completely new identity
- Professionally filmed, edited and produced DVD's of 4-day workshop plus instructions how leaders and youths can implement transformation in their communities
- Use money I earned to produce and distribute (roughly 500) DVD's for free

There is a lot more to this list though (I go at least 5 years into the future and include the amount of money I will have earned).

I'm very lucky and fortunate to have the opportunity I do now. I don't say that I'VE fully created my life from just my own doing. I've had a lot of help so I'm very grateful for all the people that have helped me along the way (read over 100 books and was guided by so many people).

Knowing this helps me to stay humble and prevents me from becoming egotistical. It's not what I do that I feel good about, it's who I am. This is the inherent worth every individual on the face of the Earth has within them. And I can teach this so others can do it without all the struggle and hassle I went into finding it out alone. I want to show people that everything they're looking for is within them so they can stop looking for it outside themselves.

This is why making mistakes is a great thing - that way I know where to improve. Not one person on Earth was born knowing how to talk, walk or earn money... we all learn it trough trial and error; making mistakes. You eliminate failure the second you learn from it.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

"Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation." - Michael Jordan

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength." - Michael Jordan


On a more personal note... my daughter Chloe celebrated her 4th birthday on the 14th this month. She's the reason why I started the path I'm on. I couldn't leave my hotel room in Victoria on that day... I couldn't stop thinking about her (I did my best to distract myself). I haven't seen since last year.

The first time I got to see her was summer last year. Since then her mother and I tried to get back together but it didn't work out for a number of reasons. It took 3 me years to see her for the first time and I have seen her no more than 20 times. But if I managed to do that (considering where I came from), I'm just going to bide my time and try again.

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life." -- Edmond Dantes, The Count Of Monte Cristo

No comments: